1. Central Indiana YL is growing rapidly and the possibilities for growth in Rural, Urban and Suburban ministries are popping up faster than even my wildest dreams.
2. I need to raise more money than I ever have before.
3. In order to accomplish #1 I need to spend less time on #2.
Would you consider jumping on board by making a donation? A Monthly donation?
If so click here
I am setting out to raise $150,000 this fiscal year (Oct 1st- Sept 30th)
3 Years ago this week Annie and I took a huge risk.
I left a YL area and job that I loved and felt very comfortable with.
I believed that if I changed my focus we (Central Indiana YL) could:
- Increase the number of kids being impacted,
- Improve the quality of ministry
- More closely represent the demographics of our geography
We are responsible for raising 100% of the budget. I didn’t do a feasibility study before I started this job but for three years because of the generosity of so many we have met our budget.
In those three years we have:
- More than doubled the number of kids from Central Indiana to YL and WL camp (1035 in 2013)
- More than doubled the number of staff in Central Indiana thereby increasing the quality of ministry. The last 8 hires have been people leaving another career. There are now 16 Full Time staff and 4 part time staff in Central Indiana. It is impossible to quantify the quality of these incredible 20 people.
- There is more small town, urban and suburban ministry happening. Including ministries focused on teen moms and kids with special needs.
In my ten years on Young Life staff I have never experienced a time that is more ripe for quality growth.
This all feels a little vulnerable to me but I am so convinced of what is in store for kids and families in Central Indiana that I can’t help but invite you in.
Thanks for reading,