Do you want to be a better person and a better leader overnight?
What if I told you that you already love doing what it takes to become better?
Scripture says that the fruits of the spirit are
To be more Christlike you will be increasingly loving, joyful, peaceful, patient, kind, good, faithful, gentle and show self control.
To be a great leader you need to be able to:
engage people and problems
focus on people and tasks
care for people
Bill Hybels says that “The single most effective way to motivate the people around you is to live a motivated life around them”
So what is the secret to doing all of these things?
Get enough sleep.
Seriously it’s that simple.
Be honest with yourself, do you demonstrate the qualities in these two lists better when you consistently get enough sleep?
Stop believing that you can defy physiology.
We don’t all need the same amount of sleep, but be honest with yourself and start making the decisions necessary to get the necessary amount of sleep for you.
The question of how you do this is mostly a question for you to figure out. But here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Get rid of cable. I bet you won’t miss it as much as you think.
- Get in bed and read. I bet you are more tired and will fall asleep more quickly than you think.
- Cut out useless internet surfing.
- Stop doing house projects
- Be willing to go to bed even if the house isn’t clean and laundry folded.
- And for God’s sake if you play video games- stop now!
* Like most lessons in my life I learned this from Annie. I have known Annie for 10 years and she is never in a bad mood. She is the same person everyday. She also gets plenty of sleep every night. This is no coincidence.